Since I grew up in the fifties I remember the USA before the assassinations of the Kennedys and Martin Luther King, the takeover of the universities, and the daily violence and kidnappings perpetrated by Black Power groups. When I started college in 1967, some of of our
respected prolific metro sexual pundits were toddlers. They have no idea what a conservative is because they can’t remember what that means and never lived it. In 1967 we had house mothers in every dorm and boys were not allowed upstairs. By 1969 dorms became coed. Could it have been creeping Communism?
Over the years many of us older Americans watched in shock as our culture transformed from “Mom, flag, and apple pie” to “Gays, the international community, and drugs.” I always wondered why Woodstock is held in such esteem by our media, held up as the ultimate symbol of American culture. To me, it looks like a cess pool of human decadence. Rutting publicly in the great outdoors was never my idea of a good time, nor taking LSD to gamble on its effects on my brain. I finally get it. It was the engine that schlepped in the ugliness and rot of a cultural wasteland. Could it have been creeping Communism?
Is the United States a perfect country? Was it ever? Of course not, but we believed in G-d and the blessings He provided. We knew that family was the nucleus of society and that Dads were responsible for the welfare of their families. It was unconscionable for a young man to get a girl pregnant and not marry her. Now girls get pregnant and pray the father will stay around to see the kid every once in a while. Was it just the feminists screeching their toxic message against men or was it creeping Communism?
Comparing the “music” of today with the music of the 60’s and before is comparing apples and oranges. Not only has the music business changed, but the instruments have been replaced by computers. Melodic complexity has been discarded, along with lyrics of love and fidelity. Years ago it was “Love and Marriage” sung by Sinatra now it is sex and drugs rapped by any thug with a microphone. Our music is heard all over the world. What image do others have about us? We look like immoral G-dless heathens.
It’s taken a while, but it looks like the Communists managed to not only infiltrate, but cross off every one of the goals on their list that was entered into the Congressional Record in 1963. Personally, I believe our next president has to understand and be willing to stand against all the forces this country has to fight. Conservativism is a way of life-not a policy position. Or maybe we’re just dealing with creeping Communism.
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Note by Webmaster: The Congressional Record back this far has not be digitized and posted on the Internet.
It will probably be available at your nearest library that is a federal repository. Call them and ask them.
Your college library is probably a repository. This is an excellent source of government records.
Another source are your Congress Critters. They should be more than happy to help you in this matter.
You will find the Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto interesting at this point.
Documentation Webmaster Forest Glen Durland found the document in the library.Sources are listed below.The quote starts on page 259.
- California State University at San Jose
- Clark Library, Government Floor
- Phone (408)924-2770
- Call Number:
- Congressional Record, Vol. 109
- 88th Congress, 1st Session
- Appendix Pages A1-A2842
- Jan. 9-May 7, 1963
- Reel 12
The book was found in the off campus stacks, was ordered and checked. The quote below was checked against the original and is correct. The few errors in the copy from the Congressional Record are shown in [ ] .
The quote starts on page 259.
- California State University at San Jose, Clark Library stacks call number:
- Naked Communist
- Book title page:
- Skousen, W. Cleon. Naked Communist
- Salt Lake City, Utah: Ensign Publishing Co.
- C. 1961 , 9th edition July 1961.
- This web page can NOT be altered or sold, but may be copied intact with credit to uhuh for reasonable distribution in keeping with the philosophy of uhuh and GR Force, who can assume no liabilities. Please check the sources and make your own decisions.
- The term U-Mail, uhuh and this web page are Copyright 1996 by Forest Glen Durland.
- comgoals.htm. Revised 3-24-03. uhuh and GR Force are non-profit.